I would like to …
- Bottle the sweet smell of baby’s breath so I can wear it in my old age.
- Turn the sound of toddler giggles into a song that keeps running through my head.
- Fall asleep each night to the sound of my daughters making up harmonies to my favorite show tunes.
- Frame the image of my son winking and giving me a thumbs up to reassure me all is well.
There are days I wish …
- I were as intelligent as our oldest.
- As determined as our next.
- As hilarious as our third.
- As imaginative as our fourth.
- And as wide-eyed with wonder as our sweet baby boy.
The rest of the time, I just want …
- A cup of coffee without warming it in the microwave three times, before tossing it out.
- Productive sleep.
- A cleaner house.
- Less gray hair.
- Spit-up repellent clothing.
- My children to be nicer to one another.
- Less anxiety.
- More time to pray.
- More time to play.
- Time to take off my toenail polish.
- Someone to do the laundry (and put it away).
- A really big piece of chocolate.
- A new pair completely impracticle shoes.
- An orderly laundry room.
- My son to lift the seat.
- My daughters to get up on time.
- Clean clothes in drawers (not the hamper).
- A pen that works.
- To have invented OxiClean. (Is that asking too much?)
But I am always grateful for…
- A loving family.
- Being married to the my very best friend.
- Five amazing children.
- Healthy, fun and supportive parents.
- An artistic big sister.
- A protective big brother.
- A dear and caring baby sister.
- Wonderful in-laws.
- Many special friends.
- A great pastor.
- Quiet prayer.
- Music. Music and music.
- Our awesome God.