really busy. It’s hard to believe this much time has gone by since I’ve posted on this site. For those who know me, I have an awesome regular gig writing for a museum I love, so it’s been really busy fitting that into the already insane schedule that we call ours.
But here’s a little run down of some lessons I’ve learned of late:
- It’s easier to send your child to college the second year. But her being away has a different feeling of permanence. That, I’m pretty sure, I don’t like. Even though my goal is for each child to be independent, there’s a certain emptiness that goes along with that. But it’s oddly okay.
- Sometimes, some major parenting decisions have to be made on the fly. And sometimes, those are the best decisions.
- Swimmers swim a lot. There’s no double meaning to that. MC is swimming an average of 4.5 hours a day. What the heck?
- Doctors may tell you one thing (like your kid shouldn’t play soccer with a broken finger). And you are free to ignore them completely because you have to live with your kid, and they don’t.
- Cancer is a four (okay, six) letter word.
- Some young women are brave beyond our wildest imagination.
- My baby sister makes a fantastic mother.
- Prayer is the real elixir of love.
- Befriend a saint. (Living or dead.)
- Befriend a sinner. (That includes yourself.)
- People are humans. And humans are … human.
- Keep singing. Always.
Blessings to all.